I bought 4 large chicken breasts with the intention of making something I could freeze. I decided on this butter chicken curry recipe that is delicious.
Butter Chicken Curry.
I am not sure why it was called Butter Chicken Curry, it was however really good, so here is the recipe. If you try it & like it, please pass it on to others & let me know. This recipe is for a slow cooker.
Prep time: 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 6 hours.
2 tablespoons butter.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil.
4 large, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size bits.
1 onion, diced.
3 minced garlic cloves.
2 teaspoons mild curry powder.
1 tablespoon of mild curry paste.
2 teaspoons tandoori masala powder.
1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
1 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
200g tomato puree.
1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk.
200g natural yoghurt.
salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter & oil in a large frying pan (I used my wok) over medium heat.
- Stir in the chicken, onion & garlic.
- Cook & stir until the onion is translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, tandoori masala powder, garam masala powder, cardamom powder & tomato puree. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Pour into the slow cooker & add the coconut milk & the yoghurt, stir to combine & season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. I added a bit of flour to thicken slightly but this is down to your taste.
- Serve with whatever you want. I had it with mashed potato instead of rice & it was lovely.
I really loved this recipe & will definitely be making it regularly after I finish off the portions I have left for the freezer. The recipe is allegedly for six but it is too tasty for me to stretch it to more than four servings.