I saw lots of recipes for cauliflower & cheese soup & thought I would give it a go. This is the recipe I used.
Cauliflower Cheese Soup.
This is the very simple recipe that I use for my slow cooker. You can play around with the type & amount of cheese you put in it. I cooked the soup in a slow cooker as it is easy to leave on & have when you return from a day out.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 6 hours.
1 head of cauliflower cut into chunks with the leafy parts discarded.
2 sliced up leeks.
2 sliced garlic cloves.
¼ teaspoon of pepper.
a small pot of cream (I use Nata in Spain.).
3 cups of cheese. (I vary which cheese I use to see what I like. Be careful with strong cheese & maybe reduce the amount).
6 cups of chicken stock. (Use more or less depending on how thick you like your soup).
Cooking instructions (For Slow Cooker).
- Place the cauliflower, leeks, garlic & pepper into the slow cooker.
- Cover the ingredients with the chicken stock & stir to mix ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Using a hand blender mix the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the grated cheese & the cream.
- Blend the cream & cheese into the soup with salt to taste.
When I made this I had one serving straight away to taste & then portion the rest of it into containers to store in the freezer to use later. Depending on the size of your portions this recipe should make around 10 servings of cauliflower soup.