I came up with my own recipe for curried cauliflower soup. After adjusting it a few times I settled on this easy creamy, curried cauliflower soup.
Curried Cauliflower Soup.
Prep time: 10 minutes:
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
1 onion chopped.
½ tbsp of curry powder.
1 lb of cauliflower, chopped up.
500 ml of milk.
500 ml of vegetable stock.
- In a large soup pan, add a small amount of oil & the onion, slowly fry the onion until soft.
- Add the curry powder & stir to mix with the onion.
- Add the chopped cauliflower to the pan & mix with the onion & curry powder.
- Add the milk & vegetable stock to the pan, mix & then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat & simmer for around 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender then remove from the heat.
- Blend the soup until smooth & add extra water if it is too thick. Blend any extra water in.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, return to the heat until warmed through.
- Serve with crusty bread.
This was very easy & tastes great. There was enough left to put in containers & freeze to have over the next few weeks.