My recipe for slow-cooked pig cheeks.
Slow-Cooked Pig Cheeks.
I had eaten pig cheeks in a local restaurant & thought I would cook them myself at home. I couldn't find a recipe I liked so I made this recipe up.
4 pig cheeks.
150g of bacon bits.
250g of mushrooms.
1tbs of plain flour
1tbs of olive oil.
150ml of red wine.
- Lightly cover the pig's cheeks in flour, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Set aside for later.
- Heat a frying pan & add bacon bits, heat for a few minutes until sizzling.
- Add the chopped onion, heat until brown & soft.
- Add mushrooms, heat until softening.
- Set aside bacon bits, onion & mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan, lightly brown the pork cheeks.
- Add back the bacon bits, onion, & mushrooms.
- Pour over the red wine & heat, stirring until the wine is boiling.
- Transfer everything to the slow cooker, top up with enough water so that everything is just covered.
- Heat on low for 2 ½ hours.
I served mine with mash potato & mixed veg. This made enough for two meals.