My recipe for Asian Pork is easy to follow & tastes fantastic.
- Diced Pork 500 g
- 1½ tbsp of plain flour
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves chopped up
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 300 ml of chicken stock
- 8 oz canned pineapple
- 1½ tbsp of soy sauce (here in Spain I use Kikkoman soy sauce)
- 1 red, 1 green & 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced & deseeded
- Toss the diced pork in the flour covering all the pork in flour.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, garlic & ginger, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced pork & cook over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring until the pork is browned on all sides, remove from heat.
- Blend the tomato puree with the chicken stock & gradually mix in with the pork.
- Remove the pineapple from its juice & set aside.
- Pour the pineapple juice into the saucepan with the pork & stir.
- Add the soy sauce to the saucepan, stir it in & return the pan to the heat.
- Bring to a boil whilst stirring then reduce the heat.
- Cover & simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add the peppers & cook for another 15 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks & heat through for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of side.
If you try this recipe & like it please leave a comment below. If you didn't like it please leave a comment but lie a bit & say you loved it.