This is my Butter Chicken Curry recipe. It is lovely & if you try it once you will make it again.
Butter Chicken Curry.
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil.
- 4 large, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size bits.
- 1 onion, diced.
- 3 minced garlic cloves.
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder.
- 1 tablespoon of mild curry paste.
- 2 teaspoons tandoori masala powder.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- 200g tomato puree.
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk.
- 200g natural yoghurt.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat the butter & oil in a large frying pan (I used my wok) over medium heat.
- Stir in the chicken, onion & garlic.
- Cook & stir until the onion is translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, tandoori masala powder, garam masala powder, cardamom powder & tomato puree. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Pour into the slow cooker & add the coconut milk & the yoghurt, stir to combine & season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. I added a bit of flour to thicken it slightly but this is down to your taste.
- Serve with whatever you want. I had it with mashed potato instead of rice & it was lovely.
I really loved this recipe & will definitely be making it regularly after I finish off the portions I have left for the freezer.