My recipe for Chilli con Carne.
Chilli Con Carne.
- 500 grams of minced beef.
- 450 grams of kidney beans rinsed and drained (I prepared mine from dry beans the previous day).
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained.
- 225 grams of tomato sauce.
- 1 chopped red onion.
- 1 chopped green pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder.
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Brown off the mince in a large pan over medium heat. It should be crumbly and have no pink colour left.
- Discard the excess fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, stir together and mix up before covering.
- Heat on low for 6 hours.
- When serving garnish with some grated cheese, any type will do I used parmesan as I had some available.