My recipe for one of my favourite desserts. Apple crumble.
For the Crumble.
- 300 grams of sieved plain flour.
- Pinch of salt.
- 175 grams of brown sugar.
- 200 grams of butter at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
For the Filling.
- 8 apples, peeled, cored & cut into slices.
- 50 grams of brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the flour, salt & sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Take a few cubes of butter at a time rub them into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing
until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour & cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
- Butter an ovenproof dish/dishes (depending on if you make 1 large or 4 smaller crumbles). Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the crumble is browned & the fruit mixture bubbling.
- Serve with custard, ice cream or just milk.
This was beautiful & I am glad I made smaller two-portion crumbles or I would have eaten them all in one go.