Leek & Potato Soup.
- 1 kilogram of white potatoes.
- 5 leeks.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- 6 cups of vegetable broth.
- 10 fluid ounces of double cream.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- Clean & chop the potatoes into small pieces. (I didn't peel mine but you can.)
- Clean and chop the leek into small slices.
- Melt butter on low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the leeks & garlic heat on low until the leek has softened, don't allow it to brown.
- Add the potatoes, thyme & bay leaves along with the 6 cups of vegetable broth, salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil & then turn down the heat to simmer until the potato is soft (I allowed mine to simmer for half an hour).
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Using an electric blender, puree the leek, potato & broth until it is smooth.
- If soup is too thin, simmer until it has thickened, if it is too thick add some more water or stock.
- Once smooth add the cream & blend.
- Warm through & serve with crusty bread.
I loved this soup & will definitely make it again. Great for those colder days when you need something to warm you up.