Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup.
- 100 grams of butter.
- One large white onion.
- 1 large butternut squash.
- 1½ litres of vegetable stock.
- Six large carrots.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Peel & thinly slice the carrots.
- Dice the onion.
- Peel, de-seed and cut the squash into large cubes.
- Melt butter in a large pot (make sure it will hold all ingredients), over low heat.
- Add onions & turn the heat up a little, stir for five minutes then add carrots & stir for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash stir in with carrots & onions.
- Pour over the vegetable stock, bring to a boil, then turn down the heat, cover & simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz with a handheld blender.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, you can add double cream if you like at this stage, but I found it creamy enough without it.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread.
This freezes well & left me enough to store another 6 after having some for my tea.